The Men’s Division is about playing golf, connecting with members and, most importantly, having fun. All male members are encouraged to participate. The activities include:
- The Men’s Opening Tournament, a shotgun scramble followed by dinner and prizes in early May.
- Men's Night, and the season-long pursuit of the Precise ParkLink Cup, every Wednesday from mid-May to early-September.
- The Fenwick, a season-long two-player team event.
- The June Classic, a two-man Chapman followed by dinner and prizes in mid-June.
- The Men’s Member-Guest on a Friday in late July.
- The Ernie Harsh Cup, a fun, Ryder Cup style event in September.
- The Men’s Closing Tournament, a shotgun net Better Ball followed by dinner and prizes in the first half of September.
- The Fall Classic, a fun two-day, two-man event in early October.
More detailed information on all of these and other events as well as other useful information can be found in the Men’s Division area on the Rivermead Members’ website.
The Women’s Division plans a variety of competitions, fun events and tournaments throughout the year. All female members are encouraged to participate in all events. The activities include:
- The Women’s Opening, which includes a brunch, an information session and a fashion show. It takes place on the last Saturday in April.
- The Women’s League, every Tuesday from early May to late August, with a League supper on the last Tuesday of each month.
- The Thursday Group, every Thursday morning from early May to late September.
- The Weekenders, on Saturday mornings from early May to late September.
- The Women’s Member and Guest Day on the second Thursday in July.
- Interclub competitions with Royal Ottawa, Hunt Club and Rideau View.
- The Centennial Classic, a fun, Ryder Cup style event in September.
- The Women’s Closing, which usually includes a fun tournament preceded by a brunch and prize ceremony in late September.
More detailed information on all of these and other events as well as other useful information can be found in the Women’s Division Handbook and in the Women’s Division area on the Rivermead Members’ website.
Competitive Golf Events
Throughout the golf season, Rivermead stages a variety of tournaments and events for competitive golfers.
The club fields both regular and senior intersectional teams for men and women. Qualification rounds for the men’s regular team takes place in June and qualification rounds for the men’s senior team takes place in July. The women hold qualification rounds for regular in June and for senior in August.
In addition to the regular and senior men’s and women’s club championships, there are a variety of other tournaments throughout the season, including the Rosenthal, the Fenwick, the Runge and the Nezan for men and the Miller, the Wilmot, the Bea Mahoney, the Majorie Craik, the Strike, the Centennial, the Journal and the Memorial for women.
Rivermead’s junior program is one of the top programs in the country. It includes an orientation session, weekend clinics during the school year, weekday clinics during summer break, junior-parent tournaments, field days, interclub matches, intersectional matches, and the junior club championship.
The fun filled and focused junior program offers teaching for all skill levels, specific programs for girls, and teaches values, rules and etiquette.